For a full index of Articles, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
(Social Media and Sexual Exploitation)
First: Some Important Stats: 9 out of 10 sexually exploited youth know their abuser. 60% of children exploited into prostitution are first recruited by peers.
Unfortunately, there are no key phrases or terms to look out for in order to protect our children online; the sexual exploitation of our youth is insidious in nature. See the Infographic
During such uncertainty and stressful times, since this virus has become the invisible elephant in the room, we can experience an increase in anxiety due to not knowing what restriction is coming next or how long we'll be social distancing from our friends and family. With such extreme changes happening in our external world, it can cause a shift in our internal mood.
Dear BWG Clients:
As the Coronavirus situation continues to unfold, BWG will continue to work remotely from home until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation for further revisions if needed based on recommendations from the CDC and other national, state and local regulatory and health authorities.
Outpatient Therapy/Medication Management
Intensive Outpatient Programs/Aftercare Programs
We are working remotely from home. We are not cancelling your appointments.We encourage the use of Zoom for virtual sessions. Your therapist/office staff will be sending more information to you regarding use of the Zoom platform and how to register for the virtual sessions. In the event that you are not able to participate in virtual visits OR prefer phone sessions, the phone can be used for a phone therapy session.
Psychological Testing Sessions
Psychological Testing sessions will continue remotely. Certain Psychological Testing sessions may be completed in the office on a very limited basis if it absolutely cannot be done remotely. All BWG cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing policies and procedures will be put in place.
We wish all of you health and safety during this time and are committed to ensuring that all of you receive the care that you need and deserve.
With gratitude for your cooperation and understanding,
Dr. John A. Glovan, Co-Founder
Mr. Michael J. Pollak, Co-Founder
Best Wishes to You this Spring!
With Spring comes Renewal, Rebirth and Hope. During these very difficult and unprecedented times, The Behavioral Wellness Group would like to take this opportunity to sincerely say Thank You to our loyal clients and referral sources for their ongoing support and confidence. What we accomplish is not possible without you! We are here to continue to assist you and your loved ones and wish all of you the very best as we move forward!
Full Article Index
- “I WAS TRYING TO ACT NORMAL…”
- Adjusting to Life During Coronavirus
- All or Nothing Thinking and Various Other Popular Cognitive Distortions
- Anger Iceberg - Erin Pawlak
- Appropriate Levels of Care in Mental Health
- Are Politics Affecting You Emotionally?
- Are You a Parent or a Friend to Your Child?
- Bipolar Disorder (Supporting Your Loved Ones)
- BWG Fall Newsletter
- Can Family Members Help Someone Get Off Drugs?
- CARF Accreditation 2018
- CARF Accreditation Fall 2015
- Choosing a University or College
- Chronic Pain
- Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Creating Positive Self Talk to Increase Healthy Habits
- Deep Breathing Through Tough Times (For Kids)
- Did PTSD Exist Before Viet Nam?
- Doing Your Part to Decrease the Mental Health Stigma
- Effective Communication
- Emotion Regulation Skills
- Fall 2020
- Fall is Upon Us…. And so is CampusTherapy.com!
- For Parents: How To Deal With The Financial Stressors of Kids and College
- Grief and Loss: Just what is “Normal” Anyway?
- Happy Spring!
- How Do I Know if I Have a Substance Abuse Problem?
- How Does Stress Affect My Physical Health
- How to "Reset" Ourselves
- How to Deal with Work Related Stress
- How to Survive the COVID Fatigue Holiday Season
- How to talk to your kids about drugs
- Hurry Up, Let's Slow Down
- Improving Sleep - Especially During COVID-19
- Is it acceptable to take a mental health day from work/school?
- Let’s Talk About Love
- Managing Relationships Through the Holidays
- Managing Stress
- Mental Health Patients and the Emergency Room
- Mindfulness For Stress Reduction
- Myths about Suicide
- New Year 2020
- New Year 2021
- New Year's Resolution: Evaluation Time
- Oh My God, I’m losing control!
- Options for College Related Stress
- Orthorexia: When Healthy Eating Becomes Unhealthy
- Parents, Teens and Mental Health
- Poklar's Ponderings, Parents Hang in There
- Protecting Our Children
- Reprogramming Your Brain
- Social Media Detox
- Special Notice regarding COVID-19
- Spring 2020
- Summer 2020
- Supporting Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Teens Who Struggle With Suicidal Thoughts
- Teens, Entitlement and Instant Gratification
- Ten DBT Techniques for Anxiety
- Ten Years of Health and Wellness
- The Benefits of Group Therapy
- The Heroin Epidemic
- The New Trend: Teens, Vaping and Juuls
- The Power of Positivity
- Therapeutic Benefits of Dogs
- Thirteen Things to Consider and Ways to Open Communication
- Thriving During Divorce
- Tips for Parents who have Pre-Teens and Teens who Struggle with Depression and Anxiety
- Tips On Preventing The Cold Weather Blues
- Understanding Grief
- Validating Kids as They Deal with Anxiety
- Ways to Learn New Life Skills
- What Really Matters?
- What To Do In Case COVID Never Ends by Michael Pollak
- What to Look for if Someone You Care About May Have a Problem with Alcohol
- What's Your Boundary
- When Seasonal Changes Affect Your Moods
- When Someone You Love Struggles with Depression and Anxiety
- When To Be Concerned About College Related Stress
- Who you voted for does not have to define you