For a full index of Articles, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Warm Wishes to You In 2020!
The Behavioral Wellness Group would like to take this opportunity to sincerely say Thank You to our loyal clients and referral sources for their support. What we accomplish is not possible without you!
A New Year is Upon Us…. And so is CampusTherapy.com. Online services for students away at college. We also provide Online Therapy Services.
Please Check Out Our Rave Reviews on Google and Facebook!
BWG’S 2019 DEVELOPMENTS:
When your loved one is diagnosed with bipolar disorder, there may be a couple of questions that run through your mind. The first question, “What is Bipolar?” and the second question, “What is my role when things start to unravel?” Furthermore, for many people who have been diagnosed with this specific disorder,
I was trying to think of a blog subject to write about this time for my blog. As I contemplated this, I noticed almost everyone in my Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Intensive Outpatient Group (IOP) was talking about their struggle to be perfect, or how they feel like failures if things are not exactly as they think they should be. I was hearing phrases like:
Mental Health Patients and the Emergency Room
It happens every day and all around the country. People suffering from various mental illnesses go to the ER for treatment and are either sent home after an evaluation or sent to inpatient care at a psychiatric hospital. In case you or a loved one ever find yourself in this position, here is what you can expect:
How many times a week do we have to reset our computer programs, update our various apps and log out and try again? Although this can cause stress and take some time we figure it is needed and we do it to keep things running in the correct manner. We need to take the time to reset ourselves as well. As a season change approaches, we are often hard on ourselves for not keeping New Year’s commitments or various other things we thought we would do for ourselves or our life. We often look at the things we have not done, kept up with or changed and become our own worst critics. We all are very negative to ourselves at times, when we may just need to refresh the page and be kind to ourselves.
Full Article Index
- “I WAS TRYING TO ACT NORMAL…”
- Adjusting to Life During Coronavirus
- All or Nothing Thinking and Various Other Popular Cognitive Distortions
- Anger Iceberg - Erin Pawlak
- Appropriate Levels of Care in Mental Health
- Are Politics Affecting You Emotionally?
- Are You a Parent or a Friend to Your Child?
- Bipolar Disorder (Supporting Your Loved Ones)
- BWG Fall Newsletter
- Can Family Members Help Someone Get Off Drugs?
- CARF Accreditation 2018
- CARF Accreditation Fall 2015
- Choosing a University or College
- Chronic Pain
- Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Creating Positive Self Talk to Increase Healthy Habits
- Deep Breathing Through Tough Times (For Kids)
- Did PTSD Exist Before Viet Nam?
- Doing Your Part to Decrease the Mental Health Stigma
- Effective Communication
- Emotion Regulation Skills
- Fall 2020
- Fall is Upon Us…. And so is CampusTherapy.com!
- For Parents: How To Deal With The Financial Stressors of Kids and College
- Grief and Loss: Just what is “Normal” Anyway?
- Happy Spring!
- How Do I Know if I Have a Substance Abuse Problem?
- How Does Stress Affect My Physical Health
- How to "Reset" Ourselves
- How to Deal with Work Related Stress
- How to talk to your kids about drugs
- Hurry Up, Let's Slow Down
- Improving Sleep - Especially During COVID-19
- Is it acceptable to take a mental health day from work/school?
- Let’s Talk About Love
- Managing Relationships Through the Holidays
- Managing Stress
- Mental Health Patients and the Emergency Room
- Mindfulness For Stress Reduction
- Myths about Suicide
- New Year 2020
- New Year's Resolution: Evaluation Time
- Oh My God, I’m losing control!
- Options for College Related Stress
- Orthorexia: When Healthy Eating Becomes Unhealthy
- Parents, Teens and Mental Health
- Poklar's Ponderings, Parents Hang in There
- Protecting Our Children
- Reprogramming Your Brain
- Social Media Detox
- Special Notice regarding COVID-19
- Spring 2020
- Summer 2020
- Supporting Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Teens Who Struggle With Suicidal Thoughts
- Teens, Entitlement and Instant Gratification
- Ten DBT Techniques for Anxiety
- Ten Years of Health and Wellness
- The Benefits of Group Therapy
- The Heroin Epidemic
- The New Trend: Teens, Vaping and Juuls
- The Power of Positivity
- Therapeutic Benefits of Dogs
- Thirteen Things to Consider and Ways to Open Communication
- Thriving During Divorce
- Tips for Parents who have Pre-Teens and Teens who Struggle with Depression and Anxiety
- Tips On Preventing The Cold Weather Blues
- Understanding Grief
- Validating Kids as They Deal with Anxiety
- Ways to Learn New Life Skills
- What Really Matters?
- What To Do In Case COVID Never Ends by Michael Pollak
- What to Look for if Someone You Care About May Have a Problem with Alcohol
- What's Your Boundary
- When Seasonal Changes Affect Your Moods
- When Someone You Love Struggles with Depression and Anxiety
- When To Be Concerned About College Related Stress
- Who you voted for does not have to define you